Semi-Live Image (IR)

...auto-refresh ... Upgrade in progress....for more info check out posts...

Saturday 20 March 2010

Blue Tit Frequencies

It is taking me longer than expected to complete the statistics regarding the number of visits per day per species, so I have decided to post a frequency analysis of the blue tit's chirping, as expected the peak frequencies are higher than both the Sparrow and Great Tit.



A skeptic asked me how reliable the frequencies are that I have posted...in reply I have examined two different chirpings (in which of course the bird is doing more or less the same thing) of the blue tit and have plotted them in the graph below. I think one can say that one plot is fairly representative, given of course that I am mostly interested in a qualitative analysis rather than a quantitative one. So unless specifically requested I shall not (at least not in the near future, though it might be quite interesting) indulge in a frequency-spectrum spreading.



Also interesting is the comparison between the results obtained from a single chirp (1 and 3) and those obtained for a longer period of time (4) as certain frequencies develop narrow peaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment