Semi-Live Image (IR)

...auto-refresh ... Upgrade in progress....for more info check out posts...

Sunday 18 April 2010

Project "on hold"

I think it is safe to say, that no birds will be nesting in the boxes. Something must have happened. Maybe the chaos during the two Kamin days, mostly the second. Maybe the nesting boxes are too close to one another.

At any rate, the nest in box one is clearly abbandonned, and the Great Tits have not started building a nest, and I believe they will not do so. The weather was bad but by now there shold have been at least some nest building going on in box #2. As this is not the case, I think they have choosen another spot. Then again, the always came together, visited the nest together, flew off together, but the last couple of days, I only saw one of them, only one visited the nest. Perhaps one of the died? I have no idea.

There is a second chance later this season as normally the birds breed twice.

For those of you that had hopes of seeing some action, I can reccomend the following two links:

http://www.stefanbion.de/nistkasten/

http://www.mezenkast.nl/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=56

In the first there are currently 5 eggs, in the other 9 and the female is already incubating (she will be doing so for about 2 weeks almost non-stop!)....

...so enjoy the show...I certainly will!

I do not think that I will be posting so frequently any more. I do have some quite cool pictures of the Great Tits, so I will try and find the time to post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment